Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What I've Been Up To...

So just when I thought that all my creativity was out the door...I got this huge need to create something and "ta-da!" this is what has become of it. I finally have finished not one, not two...but three layouts! Crazy, I know! I guess a big thing that I try to remind myself of is that to just try and "let it go"...whatever it may be. It's so hard not to get caught up in the "trendiness" of this hobby. There are so many products out there and gadgets and things to buy that sometimes it almost paralyzes a person. I know that is how I get. And really, it is all about the photos in the end anyway. It is important to try and not get so lost in all of the hoopla. I really believe less is more, and when too much "stuff" gets in the way of this incredible hobby, it makes me sad. No one should ever feel insecure or incompetent about what or how they create. I think the individuality in everyones creations are what make scrapbooking so unique. No two layouts or projects will EVER be the same...so why so much insecurity? I know I am definitly guilty of that at times and constantly have to remind myself to not get discouraged or dissatisfied by my work from the things I read and see. I love scrapbooking books and magazines...I could read them for hours. But sometimes it's so easy to get caught up in the desire of "perfection" and I too can get frusterated that my stuff doesn't look like that. But then I shake my head....OF COURSE it is not going to look like that...it is not my stuff! Anyway...just thought I would share some of my latest creations!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Your layouts are fabulous!! I gotta find time...

Moments Photography said...

Beautiful work!! Beautiful blog!! Beautiful person!! I love checking out your "words of wisdom", so thought provoking, so inspiring!

xoxoxo

About Me

My photo
Lac La Biche, Alberta, Canada
I am just a simple girl with an absolute passion for life. I love celebrating this passion through my photography, scrapbooking, relationships...whatever it may be that makes me happy! I just want to live everyday with meaning and purpose and a great sense of gratitude for everything I have been blessed to have and experience!

Followers

Visitors


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones