Saturday, October 18, 2008

In A Blink

It's been awhile since my last post, however as it seems like October is coming to a fast close and Halloween is nearly approaching, I better get on it and begin some blogging! As usual, and I am sure like most people life is busy and sometimes when it get's to a point that a person does have a spare moment, they would just prefer not to "do" anything...which with me is usually the case. Nevertheless, I will appreciate these moments I took the time to journal down the road so that thought always keeps me somewhat motivated. Today I had spent the day with my mom in the city and doing some shopping. I was very fortunate enough to have the opportunity to spend some of the gift cards Matt and I had recieved for wedding gifts, so it was definitly nice to spoil ourselves and our home with new "this & that". However, I am totally exhausted...shopping is definitly no easy task! All in all it was a great day, but I also found myself today re-evaluating alot of things and choices and I am in the midst of just having that feeling and need to just stop for a moment and appreciate and treasure those people in my life just a bit more. In a blink of an eye, life can change. It is so easy to get caught up in such superficial mumbo jumbo that when real things (be it happy or sad moments) catch you off guard it can really cause you to step back and re-evaluate the choices we all have made in this life. They are those moments that just instantly bring you back to earth and make you shake your head in realization of the important things in this world. Ironically, this all happened on a day where I was so caught up in choosing shower curtains, linens, towels etc. It really is a mystery as to how things like this happen...but as hard as it can be on a person, and as hard I am having a time as to comprehending some things right now, I am truly grateful for the wakeup call I got today. So my challenge to everyone is to just stop for five minutes in your day, close your eyes, and just breathe. Think about those people in your life and how important they are. Call someone you haven't talked to in awhile...any past grudges, let them go...and if it is too extremely difficult maybe just take this time to possibly think it over. Life is too short and too many things can change before we know it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Lac La Biche, Alberta, Canada
I am just a simple girl with an absolute passion for life. I love celebrating this passion through my photography, scrapbooking, relationships...whatever it may be that makes me happy! I just want to live everyday with meaning and purpose and a great sense of gratitude for everything I have been blessed to have and experience!

Followers

Visitors


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones