Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Growth

"She could never go back and make some of the details pretty. All she could do was move forward and make the whole beautiful." ~Terri St. Cloud~ This quote completely gave me chills. Especially at this time of my life when so many things are changing. Really though, every day is changing. I heard the coolest quote the other day, "change is really the only constant in life". How true is that? In the end, the one thing that we all know for sure is that...things are going to change. No matter how hard we try to resist it, there is no way around it. It is certain. I guess that is why I love the above quote so much. It just stood out to me. Looking back on the last 10 years or so, so much has happened and changed. Some things of course, I maybe would have now done differently...things did not go as perfectly "planned" but in the end, I am pretty positive that where I am right now is exactly where I need to be. There were definitly hard times, sad times, frusterating times, moments of uncertainty and times where I was so terrifed that I did not know how I was going to get out of bed to face the day. Sometimes being on my own was so scary. Almost to the point where I did not know where or how to move. What to do. At the same time though, moving through that fear was probably one of the most liberating strengthening experiences of my human soul. Not every detail of my past was perfect. Not every event or moment was how I thought it would have ended up turning out to be. But really, all I have now is the choice to move ahead and forward and concentrate on painting my big picture with everything I have got now. All of the lessons learned from my past, with the bravery and skills that I have gained along with way. It is now time to move forward and do all that I can, with all that I have, to make my whole beautiful. As beautiful as it possibly can be.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm so afraid of change, but when you think about how amazing and wonderful it can be it helps you to get past the anxiety of it. That's one of my biggest downfalls...dealing with change...I just don't like it...haha!! But I loved your post and I need to remember those quotes...so good!!

About Me

My photo
Lac La Biche, Alberta, Canada
I am just a simple girl with an absolute passion for life. I love celebrating this passion through my photography, scrapbooking, relationships...whatever it may be that makes me happy! I just want to live everyday with meaning and purpose and a great sense of gratitude for everything I have been blessed to have and experience!

Followers

Visitors


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones