Saturday, November 22, 2008

It's Beginning to feel alot like Christmas!

Usually on Saturday's, I love to just putsy and not really have anything specific to do, or much less anything planned. However, today was one of those days where it was busy from morning until night with things that I needed to get crossed off my "to-do" list, as well as projects I wanted to start, and finish. Then of course, there are always those other things that need to get done that also seem to just fall onto my lap! One of those major "to-do" jobs, was setting up our Christmas tree. I must say initially I wasn't in the mood, however pulling out all of the decorations and hanging them on the tree really started to get me into the whole Christmas spirit just a little more. That has to be one of my favorite things about Christmas. Opening the boxes of ornaments and decorations that have been stored for almost a year, and reminiscing about the years past, and wondering about the things to come. I love finding certain ornaments or decorations I forgot I had, and placing out the ones that I always remember and highly anticipate setting out. The whole decorating process did not even seem to take that long, however I like to keep my decor to simple and clean looking, so as not to become too crowded and overdone with stuff. I am really into the whole "simple" living. One really is enough!
One other project that I was really excited about starting, and which I actually did finish, was my Christmas advent calendar. I thought it turned out super cute, and I love the fact that it is handmade and something that I can set out every Christmas that is completely unique. The whole project did not even take that long!
Every couple of months, I love to display a layout in my home. This is one that I had completed a couple of weeks ago, using the Making Memories "Fa-La-La" collection (LOVE this line). This layout is something very sentimental to me, as it signifies Matthew and my first Christmas together as husband and wife. I love the colors and design I was able to do, and again, this came to me so easy and took no time at all! To end my busy afternoon, I made a homemade pot of Chicken Tortellini soup and cheese biscuits for supper. It was just kind of a soup day, and both turned out great.
Now, that it is almost time for bed...hopefully I can relax a little bit tomorrow! It is Sunday after all!

1 comment:

The Theroux's said...

Wow!! Love your Advent Calendar!!! I just bought one at the Craft show that was quilted, but wished I would of seen something like yours before!! What a neat idea! Gotta run! Have a great day!

About Me

My photo
Lac La Biche, Alberta, Canada
I am just a simple girl with an absolute passion for life. I love celebrating this passion through my photography, scrapbooking, relationships...whatever it may be that makes me happy! I just want to live everyday with meaning and purpose and a great sense of gratitude for everything I have been blessed to have and experience!

Followers

Visitors


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones