Sunday, June 7, 2009

It's About the Message

Another busy weekend has officially come and gone. This time it was to see Rise Against in concert. They put on an AMAZING show. As a band they definitly have alot to say and some may think they are just another punk band, however their songs are full of such amazing messages. I thought it was so awesome how they took a moment in their show to acknowledge this and to touch on the importance of taking this opportunity to learn and listen to what they (and others) have to say, and what their music and lyrics represent and stand for. This truly gave me goosebumps. I believe alot of things that intentionally, or unintentionally happen are here to send us messages. They are here to make us pay attention, learn and maybe change us in a way we have never been before. I love to grow as a person and open my mind to new things and new ideas. Having them express their beliefs on that was just really cool. They are such an awesome band. Who would have thought a punk band could be so DEEP??? Let's just say I sang my heart out last night, and it felt so good. Also a big shout out to Troy for getting us the tickets and such great seats! The rest of the weekend was spent indulging, relaxing, shopping, eating and more eating. I was even so lucky to score some uninturrupted (very relaxing) scrapbook shopping as well....thanks babe! Of course I just had to spoil myself with some new goodies for my stash. Now, to just find the time to put them to use is the next task at hand! I have so many projects I need to either finish or get started on!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY/THIS WEEK/WHENEVER I NEED IT!

"Hope for the moment. There are times when it is hard to believe in the future, when we are temporarily just not brave enough. When this happens, concentrate on the present. Cultivate le petit bonheaur (the little happiness) until courage returns. Look forward to the beauty of the next moment, the next hour, the promise of a good meal, sleep, a book, a movie, the likelihood that tonight the stars will shine. Sink roots into the present until the strength grows to think about tomorrow." Ardis Whitman

Wow.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Lac La Biche, Alberta, Canada
I am just a simple girl with an absolute passion for life. I love celebrating this passion through my photography, scrapbooking, relationships...whatever it may be that makes me happy! I just want to live everyday with meaning and purpose and a great sense of gratitude for everything I have been blessed to have and experience!

Followers

Visitors


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones