Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's That Time Again...

Photobucket With Christmas only weeks away, the days have been busy with preparation. Amidst the freezing cold temperatures, Matt and I braved a trip to Edmonton this weekend to complete our Christmas lists and get our shopping done. It was a jam-packed day however we had such a great time and were busy from morning to night.:) Even though I am not a true fan of shopping any time of the year, I actually really enjoyed hunting around for gifts for those on our lists. It really was fun, and I hope that they all love what we have found for them all this year. I will admit, some of my finds I really wanted for myself...but I stayed in control and reminded myself, that it is truly better to give than to recieve...right??? ;) As overwhelming of a time the holiday season can be, it is always so important to stay grounded and focused on what truly matters this time of year. Maybe that is why at times I can feel so conflicted about the whole shopping and "materialism" of this time of year. I found a very beautiful verse that to me truly represents the spirit of the season and an awesome reminder of why this time of year is truly magical in every sense. What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, and hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overlow with blessings rich and external, and that every path may lead to peace. Agness M. Pharo And now...just some cute photos I had a chance to capture this VERY cold weekend. Usually our dog is always wanting to spend her time outside, however she was a spoiled one this weekend as temperatures dipped well below -45 degrees celcius. She had a sleepover inside our house this weekend and I do not think she minded one bit. ;) Photobucket Photobucket And there is truly nothing better than spending a little quality time with her and her unconditional love. It is recognizing the little moments that make life happy, filling your soul with nothing but comfort and enjoying the ordinary everyday. It truly is the greatest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love your puppy pics!
The one of your puppy and your hubby is so cute!

I hope you are warm!

Sheri

About Me

My photo
Lac La Biche, Alberta, Canada
I am just a simple girl with an absolute passion for life. I love celebrating this passion through my photography, scrapbooking, relationships...whatever it may be that makes me happy! I just want to live everyday with meaning and purpose and a great sense of gratitude for everything I have been blessed to have and experience!

Followers

Visitors


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones